Monday, September 20, 2010

What would have been nice

Would have been if Nick Clegg had said something along the lines of:
The Lib Dems never were and aren't a receptacle for leftwing dissatisfaction with Labour. There is no future for that, there never was.
..before the election.

I remember quite a few people I spoke to before the election who were under the distinct impresson that they were. I remember a number of people who I canvassed who told me they were voting Lib Dem, but reassured me that they'd never ever vote Tory, I also remember people telling me they thought the Lib Dems were more left wing than Labour.

The Lib Dems may never have been a receptacle for leftwing dissatisfaction, but for a long time they brought an awful lot of dissatisfied lefties along for the ride.

No comments: